Sunday, June 12, 2011

Book Review: Liberty Defined by Ron Paul

Welcome to Tony Island Blog!

It's not often I tell readers to STOP reading my blog and to read something else. In this case, I urge you to grab a copy of Liberty Defined, turn off the PC and read it. It's absolutely fascinating. Ron Paul takes 50 issues, in alphabetical order, and gives his reasoned views on them. He touches on a wide variety of issues such as abortion, defense and terrorism. This stuff isn't for the faint of heart. It's hard core libertarianism - traditional conservatives will recoil at some of his views, especially on drugs and defense.

But, if you have an open mind, a libertarian attitude and/or the ability to read other viewpoints on current issues, then this is the book for you. I really recommend adding it to your personal library. Top quality stuff. It was a real eye-opener for me. While I knew I'd agree with many of the issues presented, I was surprised to be in total agreement on his views on defense after reading that chapter. I'm a sucker for high priced gizmos and flying machines...but he put a realistic stamp on that viewpoint and I've changed my mind (though my heart still loves a good air combat fighter!).

Read it, think about it, then comment on it below. You'll be glad you did!

Thanks for reading Tony Island Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment